What we’re doing now
(This is a “now page” – encouraged and inspired by Derek Sivers, and if you have your own site, you should make one, too.)
& Public Engagements
- COMMUNITY WIND ENSEMBLE, ORCHESTRA AND FLUTE CHOIR activity: Terri is involved with preparatory rehearsals for various ensembles. The woodwind section of the community wind ensemble continues to grow. The First City Flute Choir is preparing the repertoire for their first performance after summer break.
- Conn-Selmer Artist-Clinician activity: Christopher is now following up with providing a 6-week private lessons scholarship to several students who were in a weekly Saturday morning residency at Warren Middle School Jazz Band directed by Jaye George.
- Christopher was asked by ARC recording artist, Toni Gates to perform on this selection (“At the Still Point” – originally recorded by The Story) as a guest artist on soprano saxophone for her annual “One By One” concert. Christopher’s Selmer Paris Series III soprano saxophone was stolen several years ago – thanks to Rev. Will Thornton for use of his P. Mauriat instrument for this gig.
- Christopher performed for the last time as a faculty member with the MCC Faculty Jazz Quartet at Union Station in Kansas City this summer.
- performing a program of original compositions and standards. Special guest was our good friend, Marcus Hampton (from the Lionel Hampton, Slide Hampton family). This marked the 28th annual edition of the Roots Festival in Paola, Kan. performance set – Saturday, August 26th @ 3 pm. CbQ featured Christopher Burnett, Charles Gatschet, Roger Wilder, Dominic Sanders, Clarence Smith,
- GREAT REVIEW: Roger Atkinson (Past Editor, Jazz Ambassador Magazine) reviewed “Echoes of Europe” (ARC-2680) for JAM!
- GREAT REVIEW: Bill Brownlee (The Kansas City Star and Ink Magazine) reviewed “Echoes of Europe” (ARC-2680) for KCUR!
- Steinway Piano Artist, and composer, Michael Jefry Stevens (performing all new original compositions) concert with special guest,
- We both continue our work as private instrumental music teachers.
- Terri continues as a staff instructor at the Tune Shop, Inc.
- Christopher has been hired as a teaching assistant for Leavenworth USD 453 working with Dr. Jared Prost in the music department at Leavenworth High School specializing in teaching woodwinds and jazz band.
- Christopher moved his private teaching practice from working as an Adjunct Music Professor at MCCKC Penn Valley in Kansas City to the Tune Shop studio.
- Catalog Download Available – In addition to being an Official Selmer (Paris) Saxophone endorsing artist, Christopher is now also an Official Conn-Selmer Artist Clinician which allows for funding support to organizations that utilize his educational services.
Music Is Life Is Music
- Balance. Life. Art. We are both able to practice routinely again, play flute and clarinet duets, etc. And, Christopher is writing prolifically again.
- Christopher learned lots working as a journalist with Gatehouse Media writing for the Lamp newspaper at Fort Leavenworth. However, he has resigned as the staff writer and reporter to resume his musical activities full-time again as a recording artist, composer and educator.
- Terri continues to excel in her ‘day job’ with the Veterans Administration.
- Christopher Burnett Ensemble (CbE) Brochure is now available.
Business Imagineering and Tangibility
- Keep looking for more reviews and press from our publicity campaign for the “Echoes of Europe” project.
- Look for several more new (wow, wow, wow!) projects to be released on the ARC label.
- Serving as Music Chairman for the “Live at the Hollywood Theater” concert series, going into its 7th profitable year, Christopher has already secured commitments from artists, Queen Bey and Megan Birdsall for the 2017 season; then, Eddie Moore and the Outer Circle and Chris Hazelton’s Boogaloo 7 for the 2018 season.
Featured video NOW
This update was September 15, 2017.
– – –