What we’re doing now
(This is a “now page” – encouraged and inspired by Derek Sivers, and if you have your own site, you should make one, too.)
& Public Engagements
- June & July 2017 // Conn-Selmer Artist-Clinician activity: Christopher is now following up with providing a 6-week private lessons scholarship to several students who were in a weekly Saturday morning residency at Warren Middle School Jazz Band directed by Jaye George.
- 06/19/17 // Christopher performed with the MCC Faculty Jazz Quartet at Union Station in Kansas City.
- Roots Festival in Paola, Kansas. – Saturday, August 26th @ 3 pm. Christopher Burnett, Charles Gatschet, Roger Wilder, Dominic Sanders, Clarence Smith, performing a program of original compositions. At the
- GREAT REVIEW: Roger Atkinson (Past Editor, Jazz Ambassador Magazine) reviewed “Echoes of Europe” (ARC-2680) for JAM!
- GREAT REVIEW: Bill Brownlee (The Kansas City Star and Ink Magazine) reviewed “Echoes of Europe” (ARC-2680) for KCUR!
- Steinway Piano Artist, and composer, Michael Jefry Stevens (performing all new original compositions) concert with special guest,
- We both continue our work as private instrumental music teachers.
- Terri continues as a staff instructor at the Tune Shop, Inc.
- Christopher continues as an Adjunct Music Professor at MCCKC Penn Valley.
- April and May 2017 // Conn-Selmer Artist-Clinician activity: Christopher will be engaged in a weekly Saturday morning residency at Warren Middle School Jazz Band directed by Jaye George.
- Conn-Selmer Artist-Clinician activity: Christopher recently gave a jazz clinic. See Next Generation Jazz Festival at The Musings Blog.
- 2017 Catalog Download Available – In addition to being an Official Selmer (Paris) Saxophone endorsing artist, Christopher is now also an Official Conn-Selmer Artist Clinician which allows for funding support to organizations that utilize his educational services.
Music Is Life Is Music
- Balance. Life. Art. We are both able to practice routinely again, play flute and clarinet duets, etc. And, Christopher is writing prolifically again.
- Christopher is learning lots in his ‘day job’ working as a journalist with Gatehouse Media writing for the Lamp newspaper at Fort Leavenworth.
- Terri continues to excel in her ‘day job’ with the Veterans Administration.
- 2017 Christopher Burnett Ensemble (CbE) Brochure is now available.
Business Imagineering and Tangibility
- Keep looking for more reviews and press from our publicity campaign for the “Echoes of Europe” project.
- Look for several more new (wow, wow, wow!) projects to be released on the ARC label in 2017.
- Serving as Music Chairman for the “Live at the Hollywood Theater” concert series, going into its 7th profitable year, Christopher has already secured commitments from artists, Queen Bey and Megan Birdsall for the 2017 season; then, Eddie Moore and the Outer Circle and Chris Hazelton’s Boogaloo 7 for the 2018 season.
Featured video NOW
This update was July 7, 2017.
– – –